So, you’ve made the decision to try your hand at building dog houses, but you’re not sure which is the right way to go from here, are you? Don’t worry, it’s a lot easier to build a great dog house than you think! This article is a general guide to building a dog house.
Choose the correct size
First things first, you need to decide on the size and layout of your homemade dog house. You may think you already know how big it should be, but many people don’t realize all the great options available.
There are 3 main designs:
– A medium dog house for small to medium dogs such as Dachshunds and Bull Terriers.
– A premium large dog house for large dogs like German Shepherds and Golden Retrievers.
– A duplex dog house, so 2 or more of the little ones can sleep snuggled up together!
Even if you currently only have a small dog, consider building a kennel that is larger than you need. You never know when you might get another dog!
Dog House Design Tips
If you really love your dog, there are a few little things you need to do to ensure that he is comfortable and happy inside his new home.
Here are some tips:
– Make sure the floor is raised a few https://www.murfreesborofencing.com/ centimeters from the ground to ensure good air circulation. Dogs are particularly sensitive to heat.
– The floor should also be slightly inclined towards the door so that any water that may enter can quickly escape.
– Consider building a drop roof so your dog is protected from high winds and heavy rain.
– Build the roof with some hinges on the edges to make it easier to clean! Genius!
Download dog house plans
There are plenty of places on the Internet that will allow you to download building plans. Unfortunately, not all plans are created equal and most sites only offer basic and boring plans.